...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I (heart) the New Mainstreet Singers

Now God said to David, "Do ya hear that drummin'?"
(Oh yeah, yeah yeah!)
"You got a great big Philistine army comin'!"
(Oh yeah, yeah yeah!)
"You wanna oil up your sling and really get it hummin'!"
(Oh yeah, yeah yeah!)
"Because you gotta take a big guy down!" (Bop bop!)

Well David he got a dose of frights
But he wanted to be king of the Israelites
So he put ol' Goliath right in his sights
And he bounced one off of his crown! (Bop bop!)

But what if David...Had whined and wave-ed?

We'd live like slaves to Philistine knaves
Our bosses would all be thirty feet tall
We'd wash their clothes with a fire hose
And sleep in the cracks between their toes...

It's scary but it's true
And if I were you
I'd do what the Good Book
Do what the Good Book
Do what the Good Book tells me to! (Oh yeah, yeah yeah!)
Do what the Good Book tells me to! (Oh yeah, yeah yeah!)
Do what the Good Book tells me to!


I was reading 1 Samuel 17, the Biblical story of David and Goliath, for my Old Testament class and this song from A Mighty Wind was the only thing I could think of.

Well, that and the corresponding Wishbone episode.

In my defense, it is almost five in the morning.