...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Just so you know...

I'm feeling better now, although crazy-busy, and I'll write more later.

Quote of the Day:

Susannah, watching the square-dancing in the barn-raisin' scene in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers: "Now that is the dance of love."

I love the signs Nordstroms has in the windows of their downtown store: "You won't find any holiday decorations in our stores until after Thanksgiving Day. Why? We just like the idea of celebrating one holiday at a time. Happy Thanksgiving." I love the concept behind it, but every time I pass by those windows, I can't help but think that what they're really saying is, "Suck it, Meyer & Frank!"

I'm really going to miss International Affairs when this semester ends. Cortell is great, and I've so enjoyed getting to know Nick and Kathleen, who are also in my Modern Mexico class. Nick is a Religious Studies major, so I'll probably run into him in the future, but Kathleen is going to Ecuador next semester. Plus, I don't know if we'd hang out outside of class. It reminds me of Cale and Sara, my lab partners for Biology 151 last semester--our two-hour art discussion still ranks right up there as one of my favorite discussions ever, but we three probably wouldn't have hung out if we hadn't been put in a lab group together. I don't know if Cale and Sara still get together, but aside from saying hi when we pass by each other, I haven't seen much of either of them. I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes, but I am really greatful that Sarah and I have maintained a friendship even without being in the same Spanish class.

Have a good Thanksgiving, everyone!