...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Thursday, December 23, 2004

It's the miracle of Christmastime!

I got a shortish haircut...that I don't hate!! I was cautiously optimistic as I left the salon, but of course the hairdresser had gooped it up and flat-ironed it (something I never do), so I couldn't really tell how it would end up looking. The day-after is really the test for how a haircut will end up looking. And I like it! It's actually a little too short (just past my shoulders), but you know what? It'll grow. By the time school starts up again, it'll be an inch or so longer, which should be about the perfect length.

Not that it's all about me or anything.

Yesterday I went to Toys R Us with my mom to look for a certain game, and I fell in line behind this hippie couple. As they wandered the aisles, looking for the sports section, I overheard the guy saying to the woman who was with him, "Baby, you gotta relax. I can feel your chakras are all blocked up, even from back here....Man, this place is a feng shui disaster."

I love Eugene.