...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Perhaps now I can get more than two and a half hours of sleep at a stretch

Thank God, my Religion in Modern America paper is now in. I can't tell you all how relieved I am. You know how at the beginning of the semester, having large reading assignments seems so oppressive? And then paper season hits, and reading seems like an enjoyable break from writing. I've never felt so relaxed to have a hundred pages of reading due tomorrow.

I'm in the mood to lounge tonight. I was thinking of going downtown for First Thursday, but I think instead I'll stay in, read, do laundry, watch The Apprentice and The Daily Show, visit people, and get to bed before 1 so that I can get at least seven hours of sleep. Yes.

Thursday is just a good day in general, I find. It's the second-best day (after Friday) for The New York Times, section-wise: Circuits, House & Home, and the Arts section; I enjoy both my classes (well...I don't totally enjoy Modern Mexico, all the time, but it's all right); I've got a 4-hour break between classes during which I can take a nap, talk with people, make appointments, get work done, go to the gym...

A nap sounds good right about now.

But! Before I go, I want to wish a very happy twentieth birthday to Ryan! We're thinking of you over here and looking forward to seeing you in a month and half. Have a great day!