...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Thursday, February 10, 2005

So that's why I don't get mail

I just had another run in with my doppelganger, Jessica Joh----, at the mailboxes. I was kneeling down by my mailbox, trying to remember my combination, when she came up behind me:

She: "Hi!"
I: "Oh, hi!"
She: "You're Jessica Job----, right?" (mispronouncing it in a common way)
I: "Yeah, it's actually Job----."
She: "Oh, I totally said it wrong. I bet you get that a lot."
I: "Yeah, I've heard everything. Jobanovich, even."
She: "I bet you get my mail a lot, too."
I: "Well, I did get your birthday card that one time."
She: "Ha! I remember that. I always like to blame you, though, when I don't get anything. I say, 'Oh, it's probably in Jessica Job----'s box.'"

I might have to reappropriate that excuse for my own purposes. She's nice, though. I think I'll friend her on Facebook.

By the way, a longer post is coming later. But until then, here's a thought to leave off with: what the hell is up with the nipples on the Sak's 5th Avenue female mannequins? Good God, you could put your eye out on one of those things.