...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Monday, March 28, 2005

O Joy, O Rapture Unforeseen!

For now the sky is all serene! Observe:

When I checked my email about fifteen minutes ago, I found this glorious announcement from my Game Theory professor, under the subject heading "Mid Term:"

"Some news. I woke up this morning utterly grateful for Spring Break and all it represented. Realizing how much I needed the break I thought it cruel and unusual punishment to inflict a test on you this Thursday. You probably needed the break too.

So I'm going to move the test to next week.
"

Fuck yeah! God bless you, Bekar.

To further plagarize Gilbert and Sullivan (this time from The Mikado, not the HMS Pinafore:

The threat'ning cloud has passed away!
And brightly shines the dawning day!
What though the night may come too soon
We've yet a month of afternoon!


This is by far the best news I've gotten in a long time. Good God, this makes my week so much easier. I'm going to do my darndest to not squandor the gift of all this free time (relatively speaking; I still have probably 350 or so pages of reading for this week, along with work, exercise, and a rigorous TV-watching schedule) and make some progress on 1) my ethnography for Qualitative Research Methods; 2) my final Seminar paper about God knows what; 3) my Judaism paper about Etty Hillesum; and 4) my final Women in American Religion paper about clergywomen. Those aren't due until late April or early May, but I'd like to avoid as much as possible the (probably inevitable) crunch at the end of the semester. So, no Game Theory test until next week? Means that at least I won't be worrying about that.

I wish he'd cancel the final, too.