...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I always suspected that they were remarkable

Warning: frank discussion of my girly parts ahead.

Today I had to go to my doctor, who happens to be the middle-aged father of one of my brother's best friends, to get a certificate of good health for my Chile visa application. During the breast exam portion of the physical, we engaged in this somewhat awkward exchange:

Dr. S, feeling me up: "Wow. Your breasts are remarkably smooth."
Me: "......"
Dr. S: "When was your last period?"
Me: "Um, right now."
Dr. S: "Most gals, they get their periods, their breasts get lumpy. But you have remarkably smooth breast tissue."
Me: "Thanks....?"
Dr. S: "Keep doing your monthly self-exams. You get a lump, you're going to know it right away. Your tissue is great."
Me: "Oh....great!"

Nice work, girls.