...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Woot (and shit)

The other day I spent a few minutes on the registrar's page, figuring out what classes I'm going to take next spring, after getting back from Chile. Really, I was already sure what I wanted to take--promises to Cyrus and advising sessions with Prof. "Don't Burn Out" Kugler had cemented that decision awhile ago--but I needed to make sure that everything fit together and there were no overlaps.

And oh, it's so good. Check it: If all goes according to plan, I'll be taking two religious studies classes (Introduction to Buddhism and Seminar in Biblical Studies: Social and Religious World of Early Judaism and Christianity), one Spanish class (490, Special Topics), one international affairs class (US Foreign Policy), and one English class (Creative Nonfiction Writing). I'm psyched about all those classes, but the best part is that on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays my earliest class will be at 12:40! Sh-sh-sha! Someone's sleeping in!

Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll have a 9:40-11:10, but then I'm free until 1:50, so really, that's enough time for lunch and a nap. Thursdays will be killer: 9:40-11:10, 1:50-3:20, and 3:30-5:00 (damn those Monday/Thursday classes; I truly hate that time slot), but that's a happy trade-off for being able to sleep until 10:00, shower, get dressed, work for an hour, and still make it to lunch by 11:30 three days a week. At least that meal, I'll probably be eating in the Bon, so I really hope all of you LC students will have time for lunch next spring. Plus, I, you know, lucked out roommate-wise, so all in all, I'm looking forward to spring semester. Not so much that I'm not going to enjoy Chile, obviously, and actually, it feels strange to even think about spring semester, considering all that will happen before then.

Speaking of which, tomorrow my mom and I are heading up to Olympia, WA, to wrassle with the Chilean consulate. Hopefully I'll be back Monday with 100% more visa! Until then.

Quote of the Day, courtesy of my cousin Skylar: "Wow, it's like a party in my mouth, and everyone's throwing up!"