...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It always goes quickly at the end (part two)

I thought I would have more time to update, but everything got really chaotic all at once and now we're loading the car, quick quick quick, my internet got disconnected before Flickr finished updating my photos, Friendster's down for some bizarre reason and now DeAnn will have to kill me, my stuff's not completely packed yet so I'm stuffing it into plastic shopping bags to reorganize tonight at the hotel in Portland, I hope I remember all my toiletries, where's my other journal, oh God the backpack I was planning on packing is totally too heavy and I can't fit it in my suitcase, deep breaths.

Whew.

Okay.

I wanted to upload some pictures of the summer school kids, as well as a picture of this really hilarious-in-a-Schadenfreudistic-way self-esteem poster, but I don't have time. I'm sorry. You will see them sometime. Today was my last day with them, and it was very moving.

My address. I will love you forever if you send me mail. No packages, though: they take forever at customs and are heavily taxed, apparently.

Jessica Jobanek
ATTN: Marcia Vera
CIEE--Programma Internacional de Intercambio
Av. Brasil 2950
Valparaíso, CHILE

I'm a horrible correspondent, ask any of my friends from home. However, I'm going to try to send out emails, I will keep updating this blog, and I will send you snail mail if you email me your address. I'm not taking my computer with me, so I'm not sure when I'll next have internet access; certainly by the time I begin at the University in a month or so, and hopefully much sooner.

A plea: please update your blogs. I care about what goes on in y'alls' lives.

One more cup of coffee for the road
One more cup of coffee 'fore I go
To the valley below.


--The White Stripes, "One More Cup of Coffee"

And so it begins.