...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Drop that zero and get with the hero!

This is just too good to pass up. Okay, so I´m reading the Girl´s Bike Club over at Tomato Nation (love!) and Sars and Wing are talking about Vanilla Ice (page two, but you should just read the whole thing--it´s funny). I follow the link over to the IMDb and what do I see, but:

Cool as Ice (1991). ¨When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice.

Then I read the plotline, and I practically started hyperventilating: ´´A rap oriented re-make of "Rebel Without a Cause," with heavy emphasis on the fact that rap star Vanilla Ice has assumed the James Dean role.´´

All of which leads me to the question: How did I go so long without seeing this movie??!! This has got to be the greatest display of Schadenfreude since The Baby-Sitters Club Movie.

I propose a Cool as Ice movie night when I get back. Who´s in? Amy?