...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't tell my boyfriend Paul Ricoeur that I've been seeing Hans-Georg Gadamer on the side

Oh, hi!

So, yeah. I haven't been a very good blogger recently, I'm afraid. And I don't have a done of time to write now, because I have to find my Foreign Policy syllabus and, oh yeah, one of the text books so that I can study for the midterm tomorrow, and holy fuck, how is it already time for midterms? But my room is a disaster zone, so finding those things are going to take awhile--I'm just saying, if you have any questions about anything that's happened in the world over the last five weeks, I could probably find the corresponding New York Times on my floor. I promise that I'll write something long before the end of the weekend, though. Pinky swear!

Recent topics of conversation and possible blogging topics:

The Craigslist personals, and meeting people through them
The definition of chick lit, and whether Jane Austen qualifies (!!!) (Not to ruin the surprise, but she doesn't)
Turning 21
The Gospel of R
The awesomeness of Jesus Christ Superstar, especially the mid/late-nineties homoerotic leather one
Whether Ursula the Sea Witch is a feminist
Now and Then, seen for the first time in, oh, a decade

And more stuff that I forgot.