...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Snippets from Messenger conversations tonight that made me laugh

DeAnn: "Also, that guy's a doof."

DeAnn: "You are so me. It makes me want to laugh. Or cry."

Clay: "I asked him if he'd been drinking...he said, "Forcibly so."

The lesson to be learned here is that I should not take my computer to any place with wireless internet when I need to get work done.

In three hours, I've read exactly seventeen lines of text about the Ptolomaic Empire. I rock! Luckily, I don't have class until 11:30 tomorrow and I'm actually ahead of schedule in Kugler's seminar, unless you count things such as actually committing to memory the names and dates of the Ptolomaic rulers (here's a hint, their names all start with "Ptolomy" and their wives/sisters are either Arisinoe or Berinike; like, way to be creative, guys. Maybe that's why you're not still in power) and researching the paper due on Monday.

Also, "forcibly so" will now be my stock response to every question.

More later.