...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Every time I look at you I don't understand why you let the things you did get so out of hand

Amy, Carla,, Eric, and Chris just left. They came over at about ten for a rousing viewing of, and sing-a-long to, Jesus Christ Superstar the mid-1990s homoerotic leather version. It was spectacular. Then brownies and good conversation and lots of laughter and a reading discussion of We're Going on Safari...yes, I had a very nice evening indeed. Things started out a little shaky this evening--there was some interpersonal tension blah blah in the apartment, then I left for church with Ellen (she was taking me to the Good Friday service at her church in Portland, since I couldn't make it to my regular church's service) and broke down sobbing in her car--about the roommate situation, the residual weirdness of being back in the US and at Lewis & Clark, the sorrow of Holy Week and Good Friday, and other stuff I've been feeling sad about all semester. God bless Ellen for not freaking out, but holding my hand and encouraging me to let it all out.

Tomorrow I'm going to finish my New Testament paper, get started on my Gender Studies paper, type out the Foreign Policy key terms for Monday's chapter of the text, have tea at the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens, email Ronald, babysit, and work more on my Gender Studies paper. It should be an agreeable Saturday.

Those of you who happened to check my blog earlier this afternoon may have read a kind of muddled and confused reaction to some Gender Studies stuff we've been studying, about voyeurism, the obsessional gaze, and blogging. I want to put that on hold for right now (I saved the entry as a draft) until I get my thoughts clearer.

Until then, Happy Easter!