...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ha!

Okay, so I'm reading the Portland "Men Seeking Women" craigslist personals (shut up!) and I come across this:

"I love how people try to make themselves seem like they’re a certain type of cool person by their choice of coffee shop to meet you at the first time (because it’s almost always coffee): Starbucks=”I’m suburbany/normal/trendy and I ran out of my own ideas during the Clinton Administration”; Coffee People=”I’m Portlandy, but I’m not earthy, and I don’t want you to think that I’m corporate”; the coffee shop at Powell’s=”I’m Portlandy AND I’m earthy. I can read and I might make fun of you for owning a television”; Fill-in-the-blank independent coffee shops on 23rd= “I’m so trendy that I could just die any second--you should really consider yourself lucky to be worth an hour of my time”; etc. Anyways, let’s not meet for coffee."

When I met a guy through craigslist, we went to the Portland Coffee House--my choice. I wonder what that says about me??