...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Like a jaded, jaded, faded, jaded, jaded mandarin!"

Okay, so Amy and I were having a little Broadway singalong in the living room of the apartment, aided by iTunes. And by "little," I guess I really mean "hour-long, and loud." So it was understandable, after we finished Jesus' and Judas's argument after the Last Supper scene in Jesus Christ Superstar, which if you've heard it is long and loud and kind of tortuous, with Judas all, "Everytime I look at you I don't understand....WHYYYYYYYYYYYY you let the things you did get SOOOO-OOOO out of hand! You'd have managed better if you HAAA-AAAD it planned.....OH! Aughhh-oh-augh-eh-ogh-oh!" screaming at the end. And I guess we got a little loud, and neither of us is a fantastic singer, so I could understand it when one of my roommates (he was the only other person home) came out of his room and was like, "Uh, guys, it's getting a little hard to read." Perfectly understandable, and we'll be quieter or stop singing.

But then he added, "Umm...have you guys been drinking?"

That was just unnecessary.