...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Kermit?

I think we may have one or more frogs living in the backyard. This is the second night I've been up late blogging to a soundtrack of ribbits.

Learn from my mistake: don't try to give yourself a haircut. Oh, Jessica.

My brother, of all people, is going to see American Dreamz with me, Monday after school (he's a senior in high school). The conversation went like this:

Andy: "I can't believe American Dreamz is already at the dollar-fifty. That came out, like, a week ago."
Me: "I know. I can't get Becca or Sarah to see it with me."
Andy: "Really? I want to see that!"
Me: "Really? Let's go, then!"

Today I had a pot of tea and read for awhile at Friendly Neighborhood Coffee Shop. Perpendicular to me sat a guy, college-age, maybe a little older, purple fuscia hair, taking notes from Martin Buber's I and Thou and nursing a coffee. Obviously a Religious Studies kind of a guy. Our eyes met for a second. I haven't read any Buber but I can hold my own in a conversation about Hasidic Judaism. I thought about saying someting but I chickened out and then we each went back to our own books and then twenty minutes later he left.

One of these days.