...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Things I never thought I'd be doing, no. 148

Getting drunkish with two of my former high school literature teachers. I can say that Caron and Hyatt are funny drunks, with loud conversations about whether East of Eden was mysogynistic, and whether we just should watch Miami Vice with Spanish subtitles. Wooo! When we started, I was just to the three-glasses-of-wine stage of drunk where I can hold a conversation about anything and behave properly, if a little bit sway-y. Now I'm to the point where I'm all over-emphatic and using the adjective "smashing." And, yeah, I'm a little bit blurry. But dinner was delicious, and conversation--the Argentinians call it a sobremesa, or "over-the-table" conversation--was stimulation. Caron remembers a presentation I did for junior year lit class, and told me all about it. Sarah says that I'm "smashed" (after I used the adjective "smashing" to describe something), but it's not true. Really! Ask me anything!