...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wow, you can really tell I'm a blue-stater



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

That map reminds me of a priceless exchange one time in Chile during an all-night carrete:

Jon: "Wait...you don't have a driver's license?!"
Julia: "Nope."
Carla: "Me neither."
Me: "Me neither."
Jon: "Oh, that's right...you guys are from that side of the country."

At least the country map is more respectable:

create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

Edit: My own shame at having been to so few states forces me to clarify that I'm only counting states I've spent significant time in. I've been in airports in Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Michigan, and New Jersey, but I'm not counting those, although I'm tempted to to boost my average. I guess I'm kind of afraid of the middle of the country.