...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Monday, September 25, 2006

Amen, sister

From Nadine Darling's review of Ben & Jerry's Black and Tan ice cream, for McSweeney's:

"Poking through pints in the ice-cream freezer of my local Shaw's, I spotted Ben & Jerry's Black and Tan Ice Cream. Ice creams based on alcoholic drinks are as prevalent now as movies that used Katrina and the Waves' "Walking on Sunshine" as background music for their trailers were in the late '80s, and I for one say it's about fucking time. Like most Americans, I don't have a moment to spare. I need to cram all of my various addictions into one artery-clogging, liver-pummeling, mood-swing-elevating experience, and it must be portable enough to eat while weeping on the back porch in my underwear."

It's like she was watching me last August or something.