...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Estoy contigo...Michelle!

"Estoy contigo" ("I am with you") was Michelle Bachelet's slogan when she was running for president in Chile last year. (And by the way, since I get a lot of google searches for this, "Bachelet" is pronounced Bah-chel-et. The most crucial thing is to pronounce the "t" at the end.) But who would have thought, last year, that Michelle would be reduced to posing for a picture on the front page of the New York Times in Vietnamese pajamas, with a suspiciously Will-Ferrel-in-Elf-looking George W. Bush? Amy has the photo posted on her door, and every time I pass by it I feel embarrased for Chile. You know that far-left candidate Tomás Hirsch wouldn't have stood for that shit.