...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Monday, November 13, 2006

Gloomy Monday

This afternoon I received news of two (unrelated) deaths. I didn't know either of the deceased, but both were loved ones of friends or friends of friends. One death was expected and came at the end of a long illness. The other was unexpected. I got the email in Spanish class (I took my computer with me so I could work on the Apocalypticism catalogue afterwards) and I nearly started crying right then. Please keep the families and loved ones of both in your prayers, and take care of yourselves; know that I love all of you.

"See, the home of God is among mortals. He will dwell with them; they will be his peoples, and God himself will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for the first things have passed away" (Revelation 21:3-4).