...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"Hey, brother..."

It's official: my little brother has a girlfriend! He and Betsy updated their Facebook profiles!! EEEE!

Peggy: "Wow, so: it's been a good month for the Jobaneks."
Me: "Yes. Yes, it has."

I'm blogging from Eugene. My dear friend Becca came up from Corvallis to pick me up; the traffic was so heavy on I-5 South that it took us five hours to get from Portland back down to Eugene. Of course, we also made a detour at the Woodburn Outlet Malls and stopped for dinner, so it's not like that was five hours of solid driving.

Andy, my little brother, dishing: "...and then we went out to dinner..."
Me: "Where did you go? Did you pay?"
Andy: "Red Agave? It's a pretty expensive Mexican place. We split the bill, but my dinner was like forty-five dollars."
Me: "Good Lord. What did you have?"
Andy: "¡¡La nueva revolución!!"