...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Monday, November 27, 2006

Lynette's a lover and a fighter!

(Recent plotlines on Desperate Housewives have involved Lynette Scavo trying to protect her children from the maybe-pedophile across the street. One of her kids--the non-twin, non-baby little boy--always delivers his lines with his face wrinkled up in this aw-shucks-ain't-I-cute voice with one eye screwed shut. As a result Amy and I mock him mercilessly.)

(Lynette says something about protecting her kids.)
Amy: "Even Winky?"
Me: "Hee, 'Squints.'"
Amy: "That's totally his Flav name."
Me: "Except Flav spells it with a Z."
Amy and me together: "...and a K."

Unrelated update: Yesterday Daniel told me that snow was forecasted for today, and I totally scoffed at the idea. Snow? Preposterous! I couldn't even see my breath! But when I awoke this morning it was snowing lightly, and now it's actually coming down pretty fast and thick, and it's sticking. I love it when it snows here: it totally transforms campus into a Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light (TM) snowscape.