...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Friday, December 15, 2006

"Is this the end of Judas + Jesus?"

Yes. Yes, it is.

Okay, so we had the long-awaited homoerotic leather Jesus Christ Superstar! singalong last night, and it was awesome. I hope everyone who came had a good time, and I think we can all agree that it's a good thing we decided to make this one a dry event, considering the ease with which we were soberly making up lyrics like, "Judas...must you betray me...with a blowjob?" and "Ah wish ah knew how to quit you, Jesus!"

Meanwhile, while Facebooking today, I realized that a girl from my Short Story class has the same name (first and last) as a minor Baby-Sitter's Club character.** Y'all, I must be stopped.

**Trivia! What's the name of the editor-in-chief of the Stoneybrook Middle School newspaper?

Edit: I was marvelling to Chris and Eric at the Religious Studies department party yesterday that my blog is in the top ten for several google searches on Ulysses: "Ulysses and menstruation," "Elijah and Ulysses," stuff like that. I thought it was weird, but now I understand why, having just googled "Agendath Netaim" (a phrase from chapter 4) and having come up with nothing useful. If someone had written a blog post about Agendath Netaim, I definitely would have clicked on that link--it would probably be a lot easier to understand, and clearer written, then 99% of the results.