...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Maybe Aladdin should have wished for secondary sexual characteristics

...you know, like armpit hair. Or nipples.

Last Friday after the Taizé prayer service, Amy, Carla, Eric, and Chris (Chris, get a blog!) and I all went back to our apartment for something Amy and I have been anticipating ever since last semester: Disney singalong!! We watched, and sang, and recited Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. Tomorrow we're watching The Little Mermaid, and if you read this blog you're officially invited. So if you want to be "Part of Our World" come over around 7!!

Edit: I was under the impression that Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace was 1900 pages long. It turns out it's only 1079. Piece of cake! Plus, I have it on good authority that after page 300 or so it gets highly readable.