...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Monday, December 18, 2006

The real question is, why is Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause still in the first-run theaters?

As many of you know, one of my favorite things about Eugene is seeing crappy teen movies for $1.50 at the second-run movie theater in the next town over. I just looked on Fandango to see what's playing, and here's the line-up: Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny, Borat, Flicka, Man of the Year, Employee of the Month, The Guardian, Open Season, School for Scoundrels, Flyboys, The Illusionist, Barnyard: The Original Party Animals, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

Are you fucking kidding me? You would have to pay me $1.50 to see most of those movies. (Caveat: I have no interest in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and I try to limit my Will Ferrel intake to moderate levels.) All I want is a cotton-candy movie about sassy and superficial high school kids. Is that too much to ask??

And no, I haven't finished (...er, started) my Apocalypticism paper yet. Agenbite of inwit!