...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Just a smile would lighten everything

Last night I was so tired that after reading fifteen pages of Don Quijote I went into my room and passed out (not literally, silly) on top of the covers with the lights on, without brushing my teeth, without changing out of my clothes. I dreamt that Carla and I were spending the night at Julia's house in Chile, but for some reason Clay was there and called me downstairs to take a phone call. It was Ryan, and when I heard his voice I tried to give the phone back to Clay because I didn't want to talk to him but Clay said I had to. Ryan and I both apologized to each other and I think I cried.

When I woke up and realized it was all a dream, I couldn't decide whether I was happy or sad that it hadn't really happened.