...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Strange as it seems, there's been a run of crazy dreams

I just had a dream that I was riding Bus #39 with Emma Smith, the first wife of Mormon prophet and founder Joseph Smith. As we waited for the 39 to pull up past the Burlingame Fred Meyer, I asked her if it was true that she pushed another of Joseph Smith's wives, Eliza Roxcy Snow, down a flight of stairs and beat her with a broom. I also asked her what she thought of nineteenth-century pulp fiction comparisons between Islam and Mormonism, and the analogies made between her and Khadija, the first wife of the Prophet Muhammad. (I don't remember what she said. Maybe we had arrived on campus by that point.)

(I can't wait to see this post show up in my referral logs.)