...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The geekiest present ever

Today we did course evaluations in the Mormonism seminar. After the professor, Susannah, left the room, Katie turned to me: "Hey, Jessica, are you going to the Religious Studies reception?"

"I don't know," I replied. "It's at the same time as the Phi Beta Kappa reception. Why?"

"Oh, well, I got Rob a little gift and I thought you'd want to be there when I gave it to him."

Oh my God! This is actually going to happen! We made a list of all the people still around who were in the Biblical Studies seminar (Eric, Ellen, Frances, Tom, Heidi, Andy, Stephen...anyone else?) and I think Katie's going to get everyone to sign a card or something. This will be the geekiest, but also possibly the most apropos, gift ever given.

Thesis Update: Done, at 37 pages! Now it's time to polish up those citations and put together my bibliography.