...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Itchy

Today during Mormonism class I was tired down to the tips of my fingers, like each key stroke (I was taking notes on my computer) was a monumental task, the eyelid fluttering kind of tired. (I don't know why, because I've been getting more sleep than normal.) After class ended I went to the Dovecote and bought coffee and then I stumbled up to the Pamplin room of the library for an afternoon nap. I woke up after an hour and ate some Triscuits that someone had left on the table, then set the left-overs down on the ground next to me on a paper towel and fell back asleep. When I awoke I looked down at the Triscuits and they were covered with ants. Dozens of ants were marching their way across the floor towards the Triscuits. Since my messenger bag and shoes were also on the floor I'm afraid that my stuff got infested and now I feel all itchy and jumpy and keep shaking out my hair and scratching my head and rubbing my eyes--ever since a particular episode of ER about ten years ago, insects crawling into my eyes and ears has been one of my biggest phobias.