...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Now I can type Guggenheim

Suddenly my "S" key was fine, but my "G" was almost impossible to press down. Then, after Spanish, I was checking my email, and the "B" was becoming difficult! So I took a closer look and it turns out that a little rubber earring back (the kind you slip over the back of the hook so the earring doesn't fall out) had gotten wedged in between the G and the B. I fished it out and now everything is fine. As my dad would say, "Mystery solved, problem resolved."

Also, Rob won the Teacher of the Year award!! I am so, so happy; I'm glad that it finally happened my senior year. Ever since his seminar in biblical studies, focusing on Jewish diasporic identity in Egypt during the Ptolemaic Empire, Katie C. and I have been talking about getting him a garden gnome as a thank-you gift upon our graduation...we would name it Herakleopolis. It would be the Herakleopolite Gnome.

GET IT?**

**A nome was an administrative district in ancient Egypt, one of the administrative hallmarks of the Ptolemaic Empire. There were a ton of them--my favorite name was the Krokodilopolite Nome. The biggest Jewish population was in the Herakleopolite Nome, so most of the Jewish texts we read came from that area.