...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

With the thoughts you'd be thinkin', you could be another Lincoln

E: "My favorite president is the one who looks like a vampire."
Me: "The president who looks like a vampire. I wonder if you mean...Abraham Lincoln?"
E: "I don't remember his name. I have a president placemat. The only ones I remember are GEORGE WASHINGTON!! and...the bad one."
Me: "Hmmm...who's the bad one?"
E: [shrug]
Me: "I wonder if his name is...Bush?"
E: "Yeah, that's him! That's the bad one!...My mom hates that guy."
Me: "Many people dislike Bush."
E: "I hate that guy too. But why do people dislike him?"
Me: "Well, hmmm. He started a war."
E: "I bet everyone at our school doesn't like him."