...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Sunday, August 05, 2007

All of my recent pursuits converge in one weird dream

Last night I had a dream that Ron and Hermione (but not Harry) were in my preschool class, and we took a fieldtrip to the recently-opened Creation Museum in Cincinnati--you know, the one that features animatronic cave children frolicking with baby dinosaurs. Eduardo and I had to wait in the lobby because it wasn't free admission for adults. After all the kids finished in the museum, one of the dads who was chaperoning the trip asked to pop into the conference room, where a UN Summit was going on, to speak with the museum's chef. Only it turns out that the dad was passing on a message from the mafia and the chef was really a mob boss, and soon we had to run for our lives.

I like how transparent the origin of each element of the dream is: longs hours at the preschool, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Mafia Princess: Growing Up in the Family of Sam Giancama, and hours spent perusing the Answers in Genesis website.