...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Career meme

1. Go to http://www.careercruising.com/.

2. Put in Username: nycareers, Password: landmark.

3. Take their "Career Matchmaker" questions.

4. Post the top ten results:


1. Child and Youth Worker: Not a surprise. My actual job, Early Childhood Educator, was #36, but I suppose Child Worker is more or less the same thing.

2. Adoption Counselor: I could get into this. One of the jobs I applied for before I got hired at the preschool was working with an adoption agency. I didn't get a call back, though.

3. Addictions Counselor: Too depressing, probably. Plus, wouldn't I need first-hand experience with addiction?

4. Clergy: I considered going into the ministry for several years. Several people told me that they thought I should, or that I would, become a minister. Ultimately, I don't think I have a strong enough faith to lead others. When I told Kugler that, he said, "That's all the more reason you should consider it."

5. Psychologist: That's Amy's territory. Plus, I think it'd be a little late for me to take up psychology.

6. Sport Psychology Consultant: Um, what? I don't even know what this job is.

7. Librarian: Definitely something I would consider.

8. Dental Assistant: No. Just, no.

9. High School Teacher: Meh.

10. Anthropologist: I would love it!

Professor, my eventual goal, was listed as #11. I find it funny that it listed Gerontologist (#27) before Early Childhood Educator (#36). Maybe I'm working with people on the wrong ends of their lives...

Hat Tip: Mizz Marvel.