...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If we survived pinworm unscathed, we can survive this

Oh, cruel irony! Almost a month after I suggested that pinworm might be a more gruesome counterpart to head lice, we have one confirmed case of--you guessed it--lice. It's in the other preschool class, across the hall, but that's scarcely a relief since we often combine classes in the afternoon. I got head lice, along with most of the rest of my class, in fourth grade, and although it's honestly not that big of a deal, I have no desire for a repeat showing. Of course, my head itches like crazy now. The glamor of teaching preschool!

(As it turned out, no one else in my class ended up with pinworm, thank God.)