...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Occupational hazard

Every late-morning we spend an hour or so outside on the playground in front of the school. When it was time to go inside for lunch, C, my oldest and second-most challenging student, and I held hands and encouraged students to line up by the door. C and I were going to be co-line-leaders, so he was in a great mood.

"Uh, Teacher Jessica?" he said. He pointed to a small, round, scabby patch on the back of my left hand. "What's that on your hand? Do you got ringworm?"



Ringworm? I know it's not an actual worm, but still, are you fucking kidding me? Maybe I need to start a "Communicable parasites I might pick up from my preschoolers" tag.