...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hope it works out better for you than it did for me

I derive no end of mirth from the fact that the vast majority of my blog referrals come from people searching some combination of Teach for America Final Interview Advice. For some searches, I'm the number one result--even ahead of Teach for America's own website! TFA applicants, best of luck to you, but don't take my advice: I was rejected!

(Of course, in reference to the title of this post: it did work out for me. I found a great job teaching at a private preschool and get to spend more time with my wonderful boyfriend and friends from college, and live in a city that I come to appreciate and love more and more each time I bike over the Steel Bridge or down NE Alberta. Getting rejected was a blessing in disguise, although it sure didn't feel like it at the time. So really, I guess I can say: I hope it works out exactly as well for you as it did for me--which is to say, very well.)