...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Fantasy!

I've been sick enough recently to justify taking last Friday off from work. I spent most of my day off laying in bed, drinking tea and reading Fantasy: The Incredible Story of the Cabbage Patch Phenomenon, which I bought a week and a half or so ago at the vintage store down the street from my house. I now know more than any reasonable person should about Xavier Roberts, founder of Original Appalachian Artwork, Inc, and inventor of the Little People babies, which were renamed the Cabbage Patch Kids after a licensing deal was struck with Coleco toy company. Expect all future conversations to be peppered with Cabbage Patch trivia.



Edited to add: After checking my referral logs, I'm a little tickled to find that I'm the number three response on Google for "use tampons on Shabbos;" I doubt the searcher found the answer she was looking for on my blog, though. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I don't see any reason an observant Jew couldn't use a tampon on the Sabbath, provided it was already removed from its wrapping (since one is not permitted to tear anything, including toilet paper, on Shabbos).