...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

My fever is down to around 99.6, which is really just high-normal. I'm still coughing a lot and producing copious amounts of phlegm and snot (at school with the kids, we're not supposed to use the word "snot," since the directors think it has a negative connotation; rather, we are supposed to say calmly and empathetically, "S., I notice you have some mucus dripping down your face; let's get a tissue together"), but I feel like I'm on my way back to health. Hurray!

My parents gave me a huge bookshelf for Christmas for my new apartment, so I'm looking forward to going through the boxes and boxes of books I have down here in Eugene and deciding what I want with me in Portland. I'm operating with only a skeleton of my collection right now, since I've been moving a lot this summer; now that I'm going to be in the same place for at least a year, I think I want all my feminist books, all my religion books, all my sociology/anthropology books, and all my Baby-Sitter's Club books.

Finally, I just got an email from McSweeney's--they're going to publish on their website a New Food Review I wrote! The email said that it might take several months for it to make it to the front of the queue; I'll let you all know when it shows up.

I hope everyone is having a great day!