...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Zing!

Excerpted from a comment on a discussion at Internet Monk (excellent blog, by the way):

"...I likewise know lots of crypto-Christians who insist on the Christian label despite their rejection of about half the Apostles Creed. What makes them call themselves Christian? Because they like Christian traditions, they’re fond of Jesus’s pacifism, and they like being spiritual without being religious. But when I call them Deists, they object… because they don’t reject Jesus. (Just His deity, lordship, sinlessness, forgiveness, resurrection, present-day mediation, gift of the Holy Spirit, and eventual return.)"

Well, if the shoe fits...

I'm curious how my Christian friends would respond to this comment?