...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Mars, Venus, etc

According to Reformed blogger Tim Challies, I am a man. Who knew?

(My family used to always give me scented bath lotions and shower gels for Christmas and my birthday until I called a moratorium on all Bath & Body Works products. I can't use the stuff because of skin sensitivity and sensory issues, and I don't relish collecting it in a drawer. As gifts go, I think bath products are about as impersonal as you can get. They're like an anti-gift.

I do have to agree with Tim, though, when he writes that "putting on new socks is one of life’s most underrated and overlooked pleasures." It's so true; in fact, my dad once said that if he ever won the lottery he would wear a new pair of socks every day.

Also, anyone interested, as I am, in the Reformed Christian blogosphere should be reading Challies' blog.)