...except for me and my monkey! "Everything we see hides another thing. We always want to see what is hidden by what we see." -Rene Magritte

Monday, March 09, 2009

Two months later

It's been two months since I last posted on my blog. I never meant so stop writing, really, it's just that given the gravitas of my last post it didn't feel right to pop in and say "Hello, I'm brewing kombucha," or "Yay, I got an awesome job in Ohio over the summer" or "Here's this fun song I sing with the kids" or even "Here are my semi-deep reflections on this aspect of religious phenomenology." Because while all of those other fun things, life things, are going on, there's this pressing sadness that I'm not sure how to write about. But now it's been two months and I think it's time to start writing again. Tonight is Purim, though, the Feast of Lots, and right now I'm hard-pressed to tell the difference between "Blessed is Mordechai" and "Cursed is Haman" (in other words, I've been drinking; it's Purim!) and writing will have to wait.

Thank you to those who commented on my last post, or expressed condolences to me in person. It means a lot. And to the last commenter on my last post--did you really think that that was an appropriate time to try to evangelize me? Really?